English Español

domingo, 6 de noviembre de 2011

Grenouille @ Keroxen festival


Picture by Encarneviva
It's been a while since my last update, but we've been quite busy lately. Anyway, I had to write something about this great festival!

We arrived at the place at 5 o'clock to do the soundcheck. The stage looked amazing. There was a huge screen made of petrol cans behind us. In the ceiling, thousands of submarine creatures, some sort of abyssal fishes glowed among the dark, reflecting the stage lights.
I had been there before (the festival last almost two months), but it was a competely different thing to see it like that, waiting for us to play.
The soundcheck was delayed, so I took the opportunity to render the visuals we were going to project that day. Sitting there as a member of the audience, under those coloured fishes, made me feel like I was submerged, so I tried to communicate that with our show. I made some introductory video where our usual visuals were played endlessly in an outdoor cinema placed in a undewater city, still working despite being flooded. The gig would end at the very same moment the cinema stops working. It was quite stressful to create the videos in just two days, but I think it was worth it.
Back to the festival. We had only a few minutes left to star. "El faro" was playing and we were milling around the backstage, full of nerves. We could hear the distant voices of the audience, amplified by the venue acoustics. And then it all started. It was a performance I'll remember for a long time, full of that indescribable feeling that only some gigs awake. Before I could even realize, we were finishing and I was fighting with a confetti gun... We packed our things completely exhausted, although we had played for barely half an hour. Some of us stayed for the rest of the show, which by they way, was excellent. The rest of us had leave, as they were too tired for so many hours of rehearsals, soundcheck... But all of us ended with an incredible feeling that still lasts. Thanks everyone! The audience, the organization, the other bands, Manolin for doing the sound and everyone who came to support us!

By the way, check our photo section to see some amazing pictures of the show by Valcabrales, Encarneviva and Omar García

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario